Community Photo Contest
Calling all local amateur photographers! Share the fun and beauty of our community in the City of Hopkins 2023 Photo Contest for a chance to be featured in the City of Hopkins Annual Report and other City publications!
Photos must be taken in Hopkins and entrant must be a Hopkins resident to participate.
How to Enter
- Submit your photo entry online between Monday, September 25 and Friday, October 13, 2023.
- Finalists will be uploaded to the City’s Facebook page Monday, October 23, and the City's Facebook followers will have until Monday, October 30 to vote on their favorites.
- The photo with the most "likes" by 3 p.m. Monday, October 30 wins!
- You must be a resident of Hopkins, Minnesota to enter.
- Each contestant can only enter one photo.
- Photo must be taken in Hopkins.
- Contestants ages 17 and younger are required to obtain parent/guardian permission.
- By submitting a photo, participants agree the photograph is their own original work, of which they are granting royalty-free ownership to the City of Hopkins. All submissions become the property of the City of Hopkins, viable for use, editing and distribution by the City and for the City.
- If the photograph has identifiable people, the photographer must provide that person’s written permission for the city to use the photograph.
- City of Hopkins employees are not allowed to participate.
- The following photographs will not be accepted:
- Photos taken outside of Hopkins.
- Photos bearing watermarks or professional logos.
- Photos posted to Facebook without official online submission form.
- To enter, submit your photo in JPEG or PNG format via the Photo Contest Submission Form.
- Photos may be of cityscapes, people, activities, landscapes, landmarks, flora, fauna, pets, etc.
- Photo size cannot exceed 10MB.
- Photos must be submitted between Monday, September 25 and Friday, October13, 2023.
- All entries will be narrowed down to top finalists by City staff.
- The finalists will be posted to the City's Facebook page where voting will take place Monday, October 23 – Monday, October 30.
- The photo with the most “likes” by 3 p.m. Monday, October 30, will win first place, followed by second and third place winners.
- Winners will be announced on social media after voting cutoff.
Winning photos will be featured in the City's Annual Report, City publications, and posted to the City’s website and social media accounts.